If you’ve tried jollibee’s spaghetti before, you’ll know and love the familiar flavours of the sauce. I am happy to say that I can now provide you with a recipe inspired by this famous jollibee spaghetti so give it a try! This recipe serves 4-5.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large red onion
- 6 hot dogs
- Minced meat (I used chicken)
- Banana sauce (UFC)
- Tomato sauce (Maggi)
- Hot water
- Evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
For the spaghetti:
Prepare salted boiling water to cook spaghetti according to packaging instructions. Use however much spaghetti according to serving size. We used half a packet of spaghetti for 4-5 servings. Once spaghetti is cooked, drain well and add a couple tablespoons of oil to loosen.
For the sauce:
- Mince the garlic cloves, slice red onion thinly and cut hot dogs into small circles.
- Add cooking oil into a pan and once heated up, add in the minced garlic, sliced onion and minced meat. Stir fry until fragrant. Ensure onions have turned slightly translucent and minced meat is no longer pink.
- Add the sliced hot dogs and stir fry.
- Add 10 spoonfuls of banana sauce, 4 spoonfuls of tomato sauce and 2 spoonfuls of evaporated milk. Add a splash of hot water to loosen the sauce. Add however much you like depending on preference. The less you add, the thicker your sauce. Your sauce should look something like this.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Finally, place a serving size of spaghetti and pour on the sauce. Top with some mozzarella cheese if preferred. There you have it, your jollibee inspired spaghetti! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Its sweet and savoury flavours work so well. Super addictive and fills you right up! Not to mention the hot dogs and minced meat add a great meaty bite. Let me know if you give this recipe a try!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for reading!